USS Pacifica NCC-72545

The OOC Discussion Forums for the Pacifica's Simming Community.
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Catch Up Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:01 am 
Executive Officer & Chief Operations Officer

First things first. Welcome back everyone, it's great to hear from you all again.

I figured that we could use a shiny new thread to get some discussions starting around here again. So what has everyone been upto since the last time that we gathered here on the forums?

Post subject: Re: The Catch Up Thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:14 pm 
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

We have a new game shopin town and I've been getting involved in Magic Tournaments and being DM for D&D encounters.

Oh, and I officially retired from World of Warcraft and as guild leader of Foederati in Feb... 6 years is a long time.

Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:23 pm 
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Not much to report in my neck of the woods. Still working hard, and in a about a month I'll be moving in to my own house. That's right Kirkwood is now a home owner.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:25 pm 
Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

I'm still having a hard time getting my head around that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:26 pm 
Assistant Chief Science Officer

Make sure to check none of the replicator terminals or environmental control systems are dodgy before you move in Kirkwood!

Cricket season is over here, which means we've entered the 6 month long season of grey drizzle. I only really caught the end of it and didn't play very well so not that much to report there. Did get to hang out in the nets with a dude called Mike Atherton though. He seemed like a decent player.

At the moment I'm working from home writing an online course on Lupus and tutoring small and not so small children in whatever they're willing to pay me money to teach them. Looking forward to the start of my rowing season at the beginning of October, but it looks like I'll be mainly coaching rather than getting in the boat myself this year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:04 pm 
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

It seems like you've been pretty there. Also congrats on the house Mark, I remember Daniel telling me about it.

As for myself it's been a very hectic year, after a interesting trip to the US of A I've been fully absorbed with looking after my little sister who can be quiet a handful sometimes. She started Kindy this year, which has come as a welcome relief, but she's on holidays at the moment. So fun alround for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:52 am 
Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer

Kirkwood wrote:
Not much to report in my neck of the woods. Still working hard, and in a about a month I'll be moving in to my own house. That's right Kirkwood is now a home owner.

Grats on the house. I remember how it felt when I bought mine, although I didn't have to move when I did becuase I had been renting half of it for a few years when I bought it. Just the idea that it's yours is an awesome feeling.

Facebook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 am 

Moving into my own house seems like a distant dream for me. Seems like buying a tent would be a much easier option. I think you two are beating me in life points at the moment. Anyone else think that perhaps real life should be more like role playing games?

Oh and Fran *nudges* you started the thread but didn't mention what you've been up to recently?? Any exciting stories?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:55 pm 
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Thanks guys, it doesn't really feel real yet, but I'm sure it will be once the place is finished and I start to move in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:22 pm 

Connie wrote:
As for myself it's been a very hectic year, after a interesting trip to the US of A

I've been meaning to ask you Connie about your trip. How did it go?

Kirkwood wrote:
Thanks guys, it doesn't really feel real yet, but I'm sure it will be once the place is finished and I start to move in.

Congratulations on your first home Mark, I take it that it is a new place?

Alec Nicoll wrote:
Oh and Fran *nudges* you started the thread but didn't mention what you've been up to recently?? Any exciting stories?

I don't have any real exciting stories to report I'm afriad, it's been a pretty difficult year in all. Our house was gutted during the floods and it has taken forever to get things back to any resemblence of normal. You never expect this sort of thing to happen to you and to be honest it still feels a little surreal to me even after all this time. The clean up has taken some time and we are still living with some other members of the family, who have been absolutely fantastic to us. With a bit of luck we should be able to move back home in October. The support that we have received from our entire family, the community and from across the entire country has been fantastic and makes me really proud to call myself an Aussie and a Queenslander.

So it's been a long few months to say the least.